Zucchini is our go to vegetable. Fresh and savory, similar to cucumber, zucchini can be cooked in many different ways.
As we previously stated, vitamin C is our best ally in preventing and defeating candida. However, most people’s preferable choice is citrus, which contains acids that can actually do more harm than well.In this case, zucchini cmes to rescue. Zucchini contains high levels of vitamin C, along with carbohydrates, protein and over the roof amount of fiber. Moreover, zucchini contains significant quantities of potassium, folate and vitamin A, all of which are vital for general good health. This treasure disguised as a zucchini will help you lose weight, keep an optimal health and protect you from cardiovascular illnesses.
Turkey is our favorite alternative to chicken. However, the meat has to be fresh, from a reliable source, and most and foremost, organic. Processed meat and vacuum meats are loaded with dextrose, nitrates sulfates and sugar, all of which are your worst enemy in your journey of defeating candida.
Since most people do not like to spend more than 15 minutes in the kitchen, we have created a recipe that will take less than 5 minutes to make, but will keep you full until lunch. This may easily be the simplest recipe on Earth, since it involves ingredients you probably already have in your fridge, it requires no time, heat or cooking skills and is easy on the stomach and digestion. Plus, it’s simply delish!
.You will need:
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large cucumber
- leftover cold turkey ( chicken or lamb will do as well)
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 cup kale
- salt, pepper
- Using a potato peeler, peel the zucchini vertically, creating long, wide stripes.
- Thinly slice the meat, tomato, kale and cucumber
- Mix with the meat and a tsp of olive oil. Season to taste
- Lay a zucchini slice, fill it with the mix and roll. For an extra hold up, fix with a toothpick
- Serve with a glass of cold kefir, which is great for its refreshing taste and many health benefits, If you’re not a fan of kefir, some people aren’t, try a cup of cold probiotic yoghurt instead.
Tip: If you want to add some heat to dish, grill the zucchini for 2 minutes. It will create a great contrast to the cold meat and veggies.